Western Digital Corp., z today introduced the new WD® brand My PassportTM SSD in capacities up to 2TB*. With a sleek, compact metal design and blazing fast speeds powered by NVMe™ technology, the new palm-sized drive allows home and business users to save, access and protect the content that matters.
The New Look of SSD Performance
WD’s My Passport SSD is designed from the ground up to provide reliable performance and a touch of luxury, inside and out. The bold metal design is both stylish and durable. It feels great in the hand and fits comfortably in a bag or pocket, enabling consumers to bring their content wherever life takes them and keep productivity flowing. Available in a range of modern colors, including Gray, Blue, Red and Gold, consumers can choose the drive that best fits their style.
The new My Passport SSD offers the technical features users need and want, including:
- Blazing fast NVMe technology with read speeds of up to 1050MB/s1 and write speeds of up to 1000MB/s1.
- Password enabled 256-bit AES hardware encryption to help protect valuable content simply.
- Featuring shock and vibration resistance and drop resistant up to 6.5 feet (1.98m).
- Included software2 to make it easy to back up large files to your drive or a cloud service account3.
- USB 3.2 Gen-2 technology with a USB-C™ cable and a USB-A adaptor.
- Ready to use out of the box and compatible with Mac® and PC.
Price & Availability
The new WD SSD drive will be available in the region starting September 2020 starting $120/500GB and $190/1TB drives.